Monday, July 7, 2008

Helmet Cam feed from bike-to-work day

I promised to ride my bike into work last last Friday as part of the national bike month as well as my effort to get healthier. I was motivated, but out of shape. I'd like to exercise more and save gas $$ so I was out to prove to myself that I am physically capable of biking the six miles from home to work.

What got my heart pumping was not the 20 minutes of cardio, but the utter disregard drivers have for bike riders. Also, pot holes become POT HOLES! because they look a lot bigger when forced with a choice between them and the lane of busy traffic snuggling up to you.

An opportunity to meet a fellow smoosier, Erin Jump of Fancy Fortune Cookie, Inc, came later that day. Luckily for me the the "World's Original Gourmet Flavored Fortune Cookie Bakery" was less than a mile away. The video below shares footage from my helmet cam (HD cam bungeed to the top of my helmet) of the commute to her office and back.

No comments: